A shrine where TOKUGAWA Ieyasu is enshrined. Its sculpted shrine gate was created by a descendant of HIDARI Jingoro.
In 1804, MATSUDAIRA Yorinori, the 8th Lord of Takamatsu began to build shrine pavilions enshrining TOKUGAWA Ieyasu. This shrine, also called Sanuki Toshogu, was completed in 1815 by master builder HIDARI Rihei Tadayasu V, a sixth-generation descendant of HIDARI Jingoro. While the main shrine and the front shrine were later rebuilt, the shrine gate with its phoenix and other sculptures is original.
|Address||140 Yashima Nakamachi, Takamatsu, Kagawa 761-0112|